Daytona Beach Smoke Residue from a Fire
The fire in this finished attic in the Daytona Beach area left a significant amount of soot staining on all surfaces of the room. Fortunately, there was no structural damage or charring of materials. The poor air quality can be improved with the placement of several hydroxyl generators to recombine the noxious odors into non-offensive compounds. SERVPRO technicians can utilize special sponges, cloths, and detergents to remove most of the film without smearing and exacerbating the mess. The After Photo illustrates a new room, "Like it never even happened." By applying an odor and stain-killing primer, the surfaces were prepared for a finished coat of paint, and no demolition was needed. We try to restore and not replace.