Can My Tile Floor In My Daytona Beach Kitchen Be Saved?
Contact SERVPRO of North Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach at (386) 677-9993 for quality water mitigation services.
SERVPRO Has Flooring Experts That Can Repair and Restore Many Types of Hardwood Flooring in Daytona Beach Homes
If the dishwater overflowed or a pipe burst, causing water damage in your kitchen, it can impact your flooring. There are various types of tile flooring, and each act differently to water. Our crews have the experience and knowledge to take care of your Daytona Beach home after such an incident.
Can My Ceramic Tile be Restored?
The key to restoring anything in a Daytona Beach home that has experienced water loss is immediate water mitigation. If your home has ceramic tile that became flooded, there is a good chance we can save it. Ceramic tile and grout joints are usually waterproof if installed over plywood. Cracks in the tile are vulnerable to water seeping in through the crack. Grout can also absorb water, which can warp or expand the subflooring. The tiles then become loose. The subflooring gets dried out before the tiles get replaced.
Other types of tile, such as asphalt and vinyl, can present unique problems. Here are some things you should know about resilient tile:
• Asphalt tile typically maintains a good bond with the concrete underneath. White spots can appear that usually respond well to cleaning.
• Vinyl tile on concrete is more susceptible to problems than asphalt. If there is a great deal of water, they come loose easily.
• Vinyl tiles are much simpler to replace, and it may be more cost-efficient to do so then to dry them out.
• If the tiles get installed over wood underlayments, the flooring is likely to be water damaged.
We use non-penetrating moisture meters to find hidden water, and we dry the floor from beneath the tile to aid in restoration if needed.
Contact SERVPRO of North Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach at (386) 677-9993 for quality water mitigation services. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
How Can an Electrical Fire Impact My Home?
Many Daytona Beach Property Owners Are Big Fans of SERVPRO's Fire Damage Cleanup, Restoration, and Repair Services.
SERVPRO Restoration Technicians Mitigate Damage and Perform Fire Restoration for Daytona Beach Homes
Behind cooking fires, electrical failures are one of the most common causes of residential structure fires in the United States, including Daytona Beach. Anything from an overloaded circuit to faulty wiring can ignite flames that can quickly damage structures and contents. Without fast action, the residues left behind by these fires can cause even more damage over time.
When disaster strikes in your home, SERVPRO is ready to offer Daytona Beach residents fire restoration services that can return their properties to a preloss condition. SERVPRO technicians take care of everything from soot and smoke residue cleanup to rebuilding damaged areas of your property to make your home a comfortable and safe space once more.
What Areas of My Home Does Fire Damage Affect?
Daytona Beach homes are affected by fires in a variety of ways that homeowners may not initially expect. Smoke residues and soot deposits penetrate and settle on a diverse array of surfaces quickly and easily. Areas of your home that can be affected after a fire include:
- The HVAC system. After a fire, your vents are likely to have copious amounts of soot and residues settling inside. Flex duct is more cost-effective to replace in this situation, but sheet metal vents can be carefully cleaned and reinstalled in many cases.
It may be best to leave the cleaning to the pros, however. Teams like SERVPRO have access to commercial-grade EPA-registered cleaning solutions designed to tackle fire damage. Consumer-grade all-purpose cleaners and water-based solutions are often insufficient for addressing tough stains and soils left behind by fire damage.
- A home structure fire can wreak havoc on insulation, even in areas of the home with extensive fireproofing material such as a garage with fire-resistant sheetrock and insulation. These materials are not designed to ward off fires, but instead to contain them and prevent them from spreading to other areas of the home for as long as possible. Fiberglass and rock wool insulation both often have options for fireproofing, but damaged portions typically require removal and replacement unless the fire left behind surface-level staining.
- Wall studs and ceiling joists. These essential components of your home’s structure can quickly absorb soot or become charred in a fire and may require partial repairs or reconstruction to preserve the structural integrity of your property. SERVPRO techs can sand off superficial charring and apply a finish to prevent further staining. Proprietary Wood Creme Paste is typically utilized for tougher stains.
- Nooks and crannies. Fire damage residues can settle into any crack and crevice and can cause discoloration, foul odors, and even corrosion of metals over time when exposed to moisture. Restoration technicians carefully pore over your home to ensure that cracks and crevices in both your home’s structure and contents are as free from fire damage as possible while minimizing property loss.
How Do Electrical Fires Happen?
Here is the breakdown on residential electrical fires, per National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) data:
- An average of 47,700 residential structure fires per year features electrical failures and malfunctions as a contributing factor. Electrical fires are not always the catalyst for these fires: they can also ignite and exacerbate a disaster.
- These fires are costly: each year, electrical fires can cause anywhere from hundreds of millions to over $1 billion in property damage.
- From 2007 to 2011, almost half of the reported fires involving electrical failure or malfunction detailed a failure of lighting equipment or wiring that caused the ignition.
- Other cited causes for the 2007 to 2011 time period included the following:
- Electrical fans
- Washing machines and clothes dryers
- Space heaters
- Water heaters
- Electric stoves
- Air conditioners
Homeowners in Daytona Beach should exercise caution with major appliances, light fixtures, and heating and cooling systems in the home to minimize indoor fire risk.
What Tools Does SERVPRO Use to Mitigate Soot and Odors?
SERVPRO teams have access to mitigation tools that address various types of fire damage odors, stains, and soils, including:
- EPA-registered, OSHA-approved cleaning solutions that mitigate potential microbial growth, soot damage, protein residues, and water damage from fire suppression efforts.
- Water- or
- solvent-based deodorizing solutions that can be deployed with thermal foggers, which allow for effective odor control that penetrates surfaces effectively.
- Agitation tools and manual cleaning modalities allow for the rapid removal of fire damage soils and deposits from your property.
- Equipment that improves indoor air quality after a fire includes HEPA-filter air scrubbers, ozone machines, high-powered ventilation box fans, and hydroxyl generators.
SERVPRO of North Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach is ready to keep disaster-affected homes looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (386) 677-9993 to start the mitigation process within hours of your initial contact.
How Is the Contaminated Flood Water in My Daytona Beach Home Collected and Disposed of Safely?
It always seems to be storm season in Florida. When your home floods, call SERVPRO!
SERVPRO Can Contain the Extracted Water After Seasonal Flood Damage in Daytona Beach, and Manage the Lawful Discarding for Residential Customers
When substantial seasonal storms hit, they spare no buildings in the Daytona Beach area. Overall damage can make a householder feel like the end of the queue is the best hope, as professionals leap to assist businesses and more significant properties. Our scalable resources permit us to rescue all who suffer from storm-related flooding, safely containing and disposing of flood fluids in every dwelling we service.
How Do Professional Disaster Technicians Respond So Quickly to My Flooding Woes?
As shocking as the flood damage in your Daytona Beach can feel to you, take hope that our training and experience can turn back the page and make it, “Like it never even happened.” As we arrive, we already have on our service vehicle all of the equipment, products, and tools needed to:
- Pump out or extract the water
- Locate water and release or extract hidden in cavities or soaked into structural components
- Contain the collected water
How Does the Contaminated Water Move from My House to the Hazardous Waste Depot?
SERVPRO’s truck-mounted extractors collect the flood water into large tanks, with a potential capacity of more than 100 gallons. Our team is well-versed in local waste disposal, obtaining the needed permissions and documentation that we, as your agents, disposed of the toxic water appropriately.
What Are the Final Tasks Professional Flood Damage Restorers Complete?
After we extract the last of the standing water, we clean the affected surfaces, applying an EPS-registered antimicrobial to inhibit pathogen growth. Then our Applied Structural Drying (ASD) technicians use our commercial-grade air movers and dehumidifiers to facilitate evaporation of the moisture absorbed into the building materials. For every project, residential or commercials, we follow the best practices of the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
Believe our promise to help our community members with flood damage of all sizes and severity levels. Call (386) 677-9993 to engage SERVPRO of North Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach for a professional assessment and remediation plan.
More about Daytona Beach.
What Do Professional Restorers Prioritize in a Loss?
When a retail shop or building in Daytona Beach needs water damage cleanup and possible reconstruction, proprietors rely on SERVPRO
With your wares and structure to worry about, our SERVPRO team has real-time mitigation solutions to protect your Daytona Beach shop.
After a fire or water loss, you may not know the best approach to get your Daytona Beach shop back to preloss condition. Many rely on the fast and confident response of our SERVPRO technicians to help, as We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster, and feature a team of in-house commercial contractors for any reconstruction needs that might also exist. By getting to work quickly, we can often limit the spread and severity of loss conditions stemming from either water or fire emergencies.
No matter why you need restoration companies for your Daytona Beach shop, the more that you know and understand the process, the more at peace you are with what must occur. There are many times where the restoration process can look worse than the damage did as your property is on the path to complete drying or in need of some degree of rebuilding after controlled demolition. What our professionals prioritize when mitigation first begins can help you to understand what to expect.
- Contents in the shop
- Structural damage
- Standing water
- Residue removal
What if Reconstruction is Necessary?
Regardless of the loss incident that your shop might face, there are many situations where structural elements have become too compromised or ruined to preserve. After controlled demolition, it is up to our competent in-house contractors to build back these areas of your property after mitigation completes. While we work to restore the property before choosing to replace certain structural elements, this is not always cost-effective or efficient to get your doors open again quickly.
Understanding the restoration process can help you see how our SERVPRO of North Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach team can help you in an emergency. Give us a call anytime you need us at (386) 677-9993.
Can I Repaint Directly Onto Burnt Surfaces?
You can contact our professionals 24/7. Our fire damage experts are trained in fire & smoke restoration, odor control, upholstery and fabric cleaning.
SERVPRO Can Clean and Deodorize Surfaces Before Repainting to Ensure your Daytona Home Undergoes Successful Fire Restoration.
Do I need professional fire restoration for a residential property?
Enlisting professional technicians' assistance for the recovery of your Daytona home can lower your claim's overall cost. It is much more cost-efficient to restore items rather than replace them. As a homeowner, smoke residues can be devastating when they affect sentimental items or furnishings that have been collected over a lifetime. Our technicians can work closely with your adjuster to return these items to a preloss condition using a combination of chemical, mechanical, and deodorant cleaning. We can perform these vital tasks efficiently and prepare your walls, contents, and ceilings for repainting. Instead of discarding burnt items, our technicians can recover upholstery, refinishing surfaces, and restore wooden materials, resulting in fewer losses and a closer connection to your home's preloss condition.
What are the basic principles of fire recovery?
When performing fire restoration in your Daytona home, it is essential that you abide by the basic principles of loss recovery. The stress of a fire in your home can affect your planning for restoration as well as becoming a massive inconvenience to your everyday life. SERVPRO technicians are experts in locating smokes, assessing different types of residue, and the surfaces they affect before moving on to capture residues and dispose of them. We aim to minimize disruption allowing you to concentrate on your everyday life. All of our work is recorded throughout the restoration to provide you with both transparency and accountability. We can pass on this information to your insurer to help complete your 'stress-free claim.'
What are the core methods for smoke cleaning surfaces?
- Chemical Action
How do I remove smoke from counter-tops?
The type of smoke residue that is likely to be found on counter-tops and other horizontal surfaces are dry smokes. Hot air rises, which means the most challenging to remove residues are likely to be located on upper walls and ceilings where smoke soils bond with the paintwork or fixtures. Horizontal surfaces can sustain damage when fires cool, and soots or ash drop onto the counter-top. SERVPRO recommends that you cover surfaces with cloths or sheets immediately after a fire to prevent falling soots from causing damage. Dry soots or ash deposits do not typically bond with counter-tops, which is why it is essential that you do not introduce moisture to the affected area. Water and agitation can lead to dry smoke residues being forced into surfaces and causing further harm. Fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) apply dry cleaning and light vacuuming to surfaces before inspecting and considering water-based cleaning agents.
How do I tell what items are salvageable after a fire?
There are no defined procedures for restoring contents in a fire, so it can be a challenge to decide which items to repair and which to discard. We use multiple methods of agitation, applications of temperature, or cleaning products and machinery to get rid of smoke residues. It is not uncommon for our technicians to return to a particular area or item in your home with different equipment to restore. However, not all items are salvageable. Once all restoration options are exhausted, our technicians may have to declare an item unsalvageable. We can remove the offending item and dispose of it as part of the restoration service.
What gets rid of stubborn soots?
- Mechanical Equipment including rotary machines, hot water extraction, and air whips
- Lubrication which can be the introduction of oil-based cleaners to grease surfaces and remove animal proteins or fuel
- Chemical Cleaning Agents with water or oil-based composite
- Suspending Elements in Solvents which may require dwell time and can be effective at removing bonded soots from surfaces
Which cleaners should I use to remove soot residues?
The central tenet of removing soot residues is to remember that like dissolves like. A smoke residue that is water-based responds to cleaning solutions mixed in water. These may include soots from a natural material like wood or drywall. Some wastes, on the other hand, have an oil-based composite. These residues can be the result of synthetic materials burning or animal fats in a grease or kitchen fire. Introducing water to these residues does not mix and can lead to spreading residues further across a surface. Before applying any cleaning chemicals, we must first understand the type of residue to avoid further damage. These methods apply to the alkaline or acidic nature of residues and must be tested before introducing cleaners. SERVPRO technicians check surfaces before resorting to chemical action so that we can tailor an efficient restoration solution.
Removing soots and smoke residues can be tricky without the correct training. For expert restoration, contact SERVPRO of North Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach at (386) 677-9993.
How Do I Dry Behind My Walls in My Concrete Block Daytona Beach Home?
When your home is flooded, some panic is inevitable. Stay calm and contact our certified SERVPRO technicians for water removal services.
SERVPRO Removes Moisture from Wall Cavities in Daytona Beach
Living in Florida, many homes are constructed out of concrete blocks, so when there is a leak in your kitchen or bathroom, the moisture removal techniques may vary from other methods. SERVPRO technicians use moisture detection equipment to sense the presence of water and measure the amount of moisture remaining in the walls. That way, they can treat the impacted area, mitigating further damage such as the moisture spreading throughout the rest of the wall.
Do I have to Remove the Drywall?
SERVPRO restoration specialists remove the affected drywall and about twelve inches around the area as part of their water removal process in Daytona Beach. By removing the drywall, they have access to address the moisture inside the walls. Depending on the structure of your home, you may have insulation. Technicians remove damaged insulation and then begin the task of drying the wall cavities.
How Do SERVPRO Technicians Dry the Wall Cavities?
- They remove excess moisture with portable wand extraction equipment.
- They use air moving equipment to blow warm, dry air into the wall cavities.
- Sometimes technicians use ventilating systems under positive pressure to blow air through hoses to target specific areas.
- Technicians use dehumidifiers to pull moisture from the air and exhaust warm, dry air.
Why is it Important to Dry the Cavities in Concrete Blocks?
- The semi-porous block surface can hold moisture.
- The moisture can cause the blocks to lose structural integrity and eventually may begin to crumble.
- The moisture can break through vapor barriers and drywall, causing damage.
- Possible mold growth
Our IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification) technicians create a specific plan for your home, considering drying factors such as the structure's building envelope, the amount of air that can get through the concrete blocks and impact drying conditions. Our goal is to make it "Like it never even happened."
For 24/7 assistance, contact SERVPRO of North Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach at (386) 677-9993.
Click here for more information about Daytona Beach.
What is the Total Cost of Rebuilding After Fire Damage in Daytona Beach?
Fire restoration is an expensive, complex task that requires careful planning and testing.
Professional Restorers in Daytona Beach Can Help Keep Expenses Under Control
Is Fire Restoration a Skilled Job?
The costs of repair for a property with fire damage in Daytona Beach can spiral out of control without a solid grasp of the process. SERVPRO technicians combine their training with years of experience to provide services that are on-time and on-budget. It is essential to have a clear understanding of the methodology in restoring a property from start to finish before beginning work. Even with a solid-gameplan, there are so many variables that can influence restoration, which requires technicians to think on their feet and adapt to unexpected outcomes.
What are the stages of restoring a burnt property?
• Scoping the structure and neutralizing potential hazards
• Clearing the affected area of debris and non-salvageable materials
• Removing smoke residues and soots
• Deodorizing the property and re-installing materials
What tasks should I perform before cleaning smoke and soot residues?
The planning stage is crucial to a successful restoration. Start at the point of most damage and work outwards. Some smoke residues may be so faint as to blend in with the surrounding walls. These areas may not be visually noticeable but can continue to cause issues with fire odor. To locate light smoke residues, clean a small area of the surface, and compare it with the surrounding area. If there is a noticeable color difference, then include the area on your cleaning list. SERVPRO technicians also pre-test surfaces for cleanability during inspection to ensure that the cleaning process is efficient.
Fire restoration is an expensive, complex task that requires careful planning and testing. Contact SERVPRO of North Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach at (386) 677-9993.
For more about Daytona Beach click here.
Are Unpleasant Smells in my Daytona Beach Home Worth Investigating?
“Like it never even happened.”
Unpleasant Smells in Certain Areas of your Daytona Beach Home can Indicate a Slow Leak or Water Problem
Where does that smell come from?
When parts of a home become odorous, they can often be showing symptoms of a deeper issue. Homeowners that suspect water damage in their Daytona Beach property can benefit from enlisting professional help early on to prevent permanent harm. Homes have numerous irrigation systems, plumbing systems, and electrical systems within the walls. A fault with one of these systems may not be immediately noticeable in your day to day life. However, over time they can lead to significant damage from rotting, water logging, mold growth, and warping.
What are the signs that I have a leak or loose pipe in your plumbing system?
• A spike in your water bill is a tell-tale sign that there is a leak or malfunction in your plumbing system
• Unpleasant odors emanating from areas of the home which return persistently, even after cleaning
• Discoloration or cracking in the paintwork on the ceilings or walls
• Low water pressure from your faucets or into your boiler
• Unusual noises when running water in the house
What happens if I leave a slow leak without getting a repair?
Slow leaks get progressively worse as time passes. In some situations, leaving a slow leak can result in permanent damages, which cost far more to replace or repair. Rusting, for example, can initiate from a slow leak but, over time, spread throughout the plumbing system, causing significant damage. There may also be issues with water hygiene when using taps from a plumbing system with leaking pipes. Finally, microbes inside water can proliferate in walls and require expensive remediation.
What professional services can I use to restore water damage from a leaking pipe?
SERVPRO technicians are qualified by The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certifications (IICRC) operatives. We can inspect your property for potential water loss areas, and perform the necessary techniques to remove drywall, dry the affected area, and perform the reinstallation. Our team works closely with your insurer and can even pass on the paperwork for a stress-free claim.
If you suspect a slow leak in your property, do not hesitate to contact SERVPRO of North Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach at (386) 677-9993.
For more about Daytona Beach click here.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Daytona Beach, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of North Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach today at (386) 677-9993 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
How Severely Can a Flooding Incident Affect a Fitness Center?
Don't let water damage take your Ormond business out of commission. Call SERVPRO to mitigate your water damage.
SERVPRO Can Help You Restore or Prevent Severe Outcomes after Flood Damage in your Ormond Beach Facility
When a storm or other extreme weather event punctures the roof at your Ormond Beach health and fitness center, it creates a perfect opportunity for rainwater to filter in, leading to flooding. Since you cannot predict such intrusion, what matters is what you do once it happens. The outcome can be disastrous if you do not take immediate steps to address all the problems that develop.
What problems should I expect after water incursion through the roof?
Such flood damage in your Ormond Beach fitness center is likely to affect most of the contents in your facility as well as structural components. In most cases, you can expect some typical issues such as:
• Water trapped within the walls
• Water trapped in the ceiling
• Water-logged floor materials
• Deterioration of wall panels and fixtures
When water enters a building through the roof or other elevated parts of the structure, it affects more areas as it finds a way towards the floor. Unlike breaches at the ground level whereby water wicks slowly through materials, the intrusions from elevated points allow water to reach cavities such as the spaces between walls, ceilings, and closets faster, this is gravity at work.
Sudden exposure to water affects materials in different ways, depending on the physical traits of their constituent parts. Composite materials can disintegrate as the water damages the bonds that hold them together. The water might also spark chemical processes like rusting of metallic items in your fitness center, including the weights, benches, and other accessories. Calling our SERVPRO team in time can help prevent rather than reverse these processes.
How should I plan my response to a flooding incident?
• Stopping the water infiltration
• Removing the water
• Clean up
• Dealing with moisture
When flooding happens because of a hole in the roof, performing other restoration steps before fixing the opening exposes the property to further intrusion should the rain continue. Since carrying out full repairs on short notice is not feasible either, you need alternative solutions. Our SERVPRO technicians can help set up a roof tarp stopping further flooding inside the structure until you repair the damaged section. The tarp is strong enough to last up to two years, so it is not just temporary patchwork to secure your facility for a day or two but should get a permanent repair soon after the incident.
Fast extraction of any water pooling around the facility is essential since leaving water sitting in the property over extended periods leads to secondary damage. The water might penetrate the subfloor necessitating expensive repairs. Standing water also increases humidity levels within the structure, which can transfer damages from the areas affected initially. Wet-vacuuming helps remove the water fast. Our technicians have access to different varieties of extraction equipment, including portable and truck-mounted ones allowing us to extract any pool of water, "Like it never even happened."
Are there unique challenges of restoring a flooded gym?
If your fitness center is like most, you have the advantage of vast open spaces. Moving contents out of the way or setting up restoration equipment is easier. Most of the equipment also has metallic parts, which can withstand water exposure. However, you can expect other challenges.
Depending on the material you have on the floors, water exposure can cause minimal or extensive damages. In the case of a wooden floor, you have to worry about the expansion that occurs from absorbing significant amounts of water. Even more troubling is that the expansion might not go away after drying, so the damage can be permanent. If the floor is made from synthetic materials such as rubber, vinyl, or poured urethane, you do not have to worry about expansion. However, substantial water intrusion under the material damages the glue holding the floor material.
You might also have a carpeted area in your facility, especially around the weightlifting benches. Extended exposure of carpets to water leads to backing separation. Carpets used in commercial settings have higher pile density ranging from 18 to 30 ounces per square yard, which makes them more resilient. However, water can still damage them permanently.
Our SERVPRO crews use different techniques to help resolve these situations, including expediting water extraction and setting up drying chambers over wooden floors to control the drying process. For the carpets, we can remove them for offsite drying to quicken the process.
SERVPRO of North Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach can put in the hard work necessary to save your fitness center from flood damage. Call us at (386) 677-9993 to help. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.