Fire Damage In Your Daytona Home From Overloaded Circuits
Fire Damage Caused By Overloaded Circuits
When too many appliances in your Daytona home are receiving electricity, what can happen? Usually, the power automatically turns off at the breaker, and a fuse may even burn out depending on the age of the wiring of the electrical circuit. When too many power sources are getting electricity from the electrical circuit, the power shuts off until the issue is fixed, but sometimes, a fire can start. To avoid this, you need to know the number of volts of electricity that can run into your home and not ever have too many power sources running simultaneously.
Fires can still happen from overloaded circuits, even when you are careful. The fire damage left behind in your Daytona home can be devastating. You need to focus on you and your family during this time, not all the ins and outs of getting your home back together. Therefore, you need the help of our professional SERVPRO staff. We can even help talk to your insurance company for you.
Before we clean your home, we do tests to determine the right cleaning method, which means the method that effectively can remove the residues from the surface or material without doing damage to the material or surface itself. One of the goals of testing is to categorize materials as washable or non-washable.
Washable materials are ones which SERVPRO techs can wet clean. It involves applying a water-based cleaning product to the material that does not damage it. Non-washable materials are ones that cannot be wet-cleaned. If we apply a water-based cleaning product to the material it could result in additional damage, so the material has to be cleaned with a dry cleaning method.
The kind of residues on a material can also determine the cleaning method. Grease or oil-based residues require a dry solvent cleaning agent, even though the material we are cleaning would not be damaged by water-based products.
SERVPRO of North Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach understands the different methods of cleaning up fire damage and when to use them in your home in Holly Hill, Ormond By the Sea, or Mound Grove. After you have experienced a fire, get a hold of us as soon as possible at (386) 677-9993 so we can help clean up the mess properly.
Visit http://www.codb.us/ for more about Daytona.